Friday, February 12, 2010

Apple Pie Snowballs

In the Past, I enjoyed going to the orchard for apples. My family and friends liked me to bake my wrapped apples. Still to warm to bake in California, so no picture, they are delightful to look upon and delicious to eat. My mom liked to melt American cheese on hot apple pie, not me. I love ice cream on the side and a large dollop of whip cream, topped with a cherry. The recipe follows:

Pastry for 2-crust pie, 6 large apples, Orange marmalade, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 4 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon allspice and nutmeg.
Prepare pastry and roll out thin on a floured board. Pare apples, leave whole. but remove the core. Fill each cavity with orange marmalade. Make a smooth paste of butter, brown sugar, and the three spices. Spread the paste over each apple. Wrap apples in pastry squares, pricking dough here and there with a fork. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees, and continue baking 40 to 45 mintues. Best served warm.

Drop by and let me know, how you liked the Apple Pie Snowballs ???

No comments:

Post a Comment